My mother was one of seven children known as the ‘Seven Little Australians‘, this project is aimed at exploring the ancestry of their parents. Their father Edward ‘Ted’ Roberts was born in England but proudly Australian, enlisting in the AIF only a few years after his arrival. Ted told everyone he was born in St Peters, but neglected to be specific about exactly which one! He kept up the charade until his death in 1966 being given a State funeral with an Australian flag on his coffin. His wife Mona Veronica Murphy who so often identified with Ireland, was to my surprise a 2nd generation Australian.
For more information:
- For more detail on Joans life, see her biography at Wikitree;
- Click on the links in the pedigree shown above to go directly to each ancestors biography page at Wikitree;
- To view a tree showing up to 254 ancestors, including locations, click here;
- Access a list of Joan’s ancestral surnames here;
- If you have a subscription, you can also view the tree at Ancestry;
- DNA analysis has confirmed that my mothers four grandparents are correct;
- You can view a photo collage of her life at You Tube.
Projects relating to my mothers family:
- Courtney line: ‘Finding George Courtney, c1835‘.
- Murphy line: ‘Murphy’s of Glenbrien‘.
- Cassidy line: ‘Cassidy’s and Britton’s of Fermanagh‘; and ‘Sweeney’s of Moyreisk and Rathclooney‘.
Click the links below for more information about my mothers ancestors.
- Ancestors of Edward Arthur Roberts 1893-1966
- Ancestors of Mona Veronica Murphy 1892-1973
Her great grandparents:
- Ancestors of Thomas Cassidy 1800-1862
- Ancestors of Mary Sweeney 1816-1896
- Ancestors of Ann Laundon 1838-1912